More than 40,000 kilometers of Inca paths in South America make this adventure an epic moment in your trip. The Inca trail is one of the most important hikes to Machu Picchu and is considered one of the top 5 hikes in the world. The Inca state was a conquering civilization that built thousands and thousands of pathways just to control all the territory. In our short Inca Trail we will walk only 11 kilometers exploring places like Wiñay Wayna (forever young) and then will arrive at Machu Picchu to see the sunset.
- Visit Inca museum in Cusco city
- Hike to Machu Picchu on Inca Trail 2D/1N.
- See the Sunset of Machu Picchu from the Sun Gate.
- See the sunrise of Machu Picchu from the Guardian House
- Explore Chachabamba Inca site
- Explore Wiñay Wayna Inca site
- Hot springs in the town Aguas Calientes
By booking this trip, you will be helping provide a special Christmas breakfast for low income children in Cusco.
DAY 1: CUSCO – INCA MUSEUM
Our trip starts in Cusco which is considered the navel of the world for the Cusqueñas people and the heart of the Inca empire. iTerra Peru staff will wait for you at the international Cusco’s Airport for transportation to your Hotel. After lunch, we will visit the Inca Museum where our guide will educate you about the pre-Inca and Inca Civilization that influenced the entire South America Continent. In the evening, you will have a personal briefing in regards to the activities during the Inca Trail.
DAY 2: CUSCO – KM 104 – MACHU PICCHU – AGUAS CALIENTES
Wake up early for bus ride to transfer to the Train Station in Ollantaytambo from Cusco. After approximately 1:45 hour on bus, will catch the train to Km 104 (Chachabamba) to begin the Inca Trail. Our guide will show you the first Inca site (Chachabamba) then we will walk up for 2 or 3 hours towards another Incan significant site to Wiñay Wayna (eternal Young). We will walk through a mixture of cacti vegetation where we’ll see varieties of orchids and a cloud forest. Later on we will continue for 2 hours more to the Sun gate to see the sunset at Machu Picchu and have our first classic picture taken there. Finally, we will end the afternoon by continuing our walk down to Aguas Calientes for night where you can take advantage of the hot springs if you choose to do so.
DAY 3: MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
This is our Day!!! We’ll catch the first bus leaving from Aguas Calientes at 5:30am. Toward to Machu Picchu City, after check point with our guide we’ll walk for 7 or 10 minutes up for have the panoramic view and depending on weather condition we could see the sunrise, we´ll explore the city for 2 or 3 hours visiting the most important sectors inside and listening the values information of the our guide, then you could explore the place by your own and back to Aguas calientes for catch the train to Cusco
DAY 4: CUSCO OUT
Depending on your flight schedule and plans we will transport to you at the airport.Book Now
- Pick you up from the airport and Free walking tour to your arrival in Cusco
- 2 nights in hotel in Cusco
- 1 night hotel in Aguas Clientes
- iTerra English staff during all your trip
- English speaking local guides for Cusco
- Professional hiking guide for Inca Trail
- 3 breakfasts; 1 lunch; 1 dinner
- 2 World Heritage Sites visited
- One of the Seven Wonders of the World visited
- Inca Museum tour
- 1 hike to Machu Picchu by Inca Trail
- Explore all the Inca sites on the Inca Trail
- All inclusive on Inca Trail
- Explore Chachabamba
- Explore Machu Picchu
- Explore Wiñay Wayna
- 2 bus tickets from Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu . Aguas Calientes
- Train for return to Cusco
- All entrance tickets
- Tips for the guide on Inca trail
- Lunch in Aguas Calientes
- Extras (water, snacks, things not in the itinerary )
- Backpack waterproof layer
- Loose pants and better long
- Feather coat and waterproof jacket.
- Gloves and skullcap.
- Trekking shoes with thick orm.
- Micro fiber or wool socks.
- Walking sticks.
- Sunscream and glasses.
- Mosquito repellent.
- Original passport.
- Purifiying pills.
- Personal higiene items.
- Torch with replacement battery.
- Sleeping bag.
- Extra Money to tipping guides, cookers and porters.