Cusco capital city of the Tahuantinsuyo empire (inca state) is consider like a living museum, declared years ago like the archeological capital of south American continent, nowadays represent one of the most important places in Peru, walk in the downtown and explore some locals markets and learn more about Andean people, you will have also the opportunity to visit sacred valley stopping in colorful towns like Pisac, Urubamba , Ollantaytambo and finally explore Machu Picchu since the sunrise.
- Walk through principal Cusco’s streets and main square
- Visit Sacred Valley
- Explore Pisac and Ollantaytambo
- Visit one of the 7 worders in the world
By booking this trip, you will be helping provide a special Christmas breakfast for low income children in Cusco.
DAY 1: CUSCO – WALKING TOUR
Early in the morning our transportation will be waiting upon arrival at the international airport in Cusco and then take you to the hotel located near the historic city center which is a 10 minute walk from the Plaza de Armas of Cusco. At approximately 1:00 pm, we will begin a walk around the city visiting the main attractions: first visit the Cathedral of Cusco and then the Temple of the Sun Coricancha, which was a sanctuary dedicated to the sun. We will walk through the main streets of the historic center visiting markets, squares and avenues where our guide will give you a broad and clear explanation of the history of each place visited.
At 6:30 we will return to our Hotel.
Optional 6:30 pm. Visit Qosqo Native Art Center (see dances of the region of Cusco)
DAY 2: CUSCO – SACRED VALLEY – AGUAS CALIENTES
At 8:30 am we will board a bus bound for the town of Pisac. After a 40-minute drive we arrive at the town that is the gateway to what is known as the Sacred Valley. We will then continue 15 minutes further by bus to reach this archaeological complex of Pisac from Inca times. Our guide will show us the most important places in the area which include religious area of Pisac and its cemetery which was the largest in the pre-colonial era. We will return to the village to have a brief stop in the colonial market where you can make some purchases.
After we are finished we can continue by bus which will follow the river Wilkamayu (aka, the sacred river) to reach the capital of the Sacred Valley "Urubamba." Here we will have a lunch buffet with all the traditional foods of the area and international cuisine. Our next stop after lunh is the village of Ollantaytambo (a.ka. the living Inca city). The town still retains its original architecture from pre-colonial times. We will visit its archaeological complex to learn more about this magnificent place and learn about the techniques used for its construction. Upon completion of our tour we will go to the station to board the train to the town of Aguas Calientes for the next day to visit one of the 7 wonders of the world.
DAY 3: AGUAS CALIENTES - MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
This is our Day!!! We’ll catch the first bus leaving from Aguas Calientes at 5:30am to Machu Picchu City. After we enter the check point with our guide we’ll walk for 7 or 10 minutes to experience the panoramic view of the city and depending on weather condition we could see the sunrise. We will explore the city for 2 or 3 hours while visiting the most important sectors inside and listening the wealth of historical information from our guide. After the tour you could explore the place on your own. AT the end of the day we will return to Aguas Calientes to catch the train to Cusco.
DAY 4: CUSCO – AIRPORT
Depending on your flight schedule and plans we will transport to you at the airport.Book Now
- Pick you up from the airport
- Free walking tour
- 2 nights in Cusco
- 1 night in Aguas Calientes
- Professional local English speaking guides
- Professional bilingual assistance in all your trip
- 3 breakfast ; 1 buffet lunch (Sacred valley)
- 1 World Heritage Site visited
- 1 visit to Machu Picchu by train
- Explore all the Inca sites in the sacred valley
- All hotels inclusive
- Explore Machu Picchu
- 2 bus tickets from Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Aguas Calientes
- Round trip train tickets to Machu Picchu
- All the entrance tickets
- International and local flights
- Tips to the personal
- Wear light or tennis shoes.
- Drink plenty of fluids in your excursions.
- Raincoat (poncho long) rainy season
- Long sleeve shirts
- Insect Repellent
- Sunscreen, brimmed hat for sunny days.
- Sunglasses, plastic bags
- Medicine and / or personal items (liquid for contact lenses)
- A light backpack per person Camera or camcorder and films.
- Have on hand checks in small denominations and coins dollars, euros or soles.