Thanks to the Andes in the Cusco Region, we have a lot of options for downhill cycling, cross country cycling or just cycling in the city. In our 6 day Sacred Biking program we offer entire days on bikes while having the opportunity to start with a technical downhill run that starts above Cusco and ends with an awesome arrival to the city. We will then visit Maras, Moray and the salt mines along with spending some of our days taking the short jungle path to Machu Picchu. Here we will travel downhill from 4000 meters above sea level to 1300 into the jungle, all the while, mixing in other alternative activities like rafting and zip lining and finally having an epic and unforgettable moment watching the sunrise from Machu Picchu city.
- Downhill in Yuncaypata.
- Cross country and downhill in Maras – Moray and Salt Mines
- Downhill from Malaga pass (4000m.a.s.l) to Santa Maria (1300m.a.s.l)
- River rafting into the Vilcanota withe water river
- Zip lining in Santa Teresa
- See the sunrise of Machu Picchu from the Guardian House
- Explore Machu Picchu
- Explore the Moray Inca site
- Explore the Salt mines Inca site
- Hot springs in Santa Teresa
By booking this trip, you will be helping provide a special Christmas breakfast for low income children in Cusco.
DAY 1: AIRPORT CUSCO – HOTEL – YUNCAYPATA DOWNHILL
Meet up with our company representative in Cusco’s Airport for transport to your hotel and get ready for your adventure trip. After lunch we will travel in our van to the highest part on Cusco Valley to cycling down the Yuncaypata mountain. The ride is an extremely technical downhill with some ramps. You need to have excellent biking gear that we will supply to you! After 3 hours of pure heart pumping entertainment we’ll return to the hotel to rest for the next day.
DAY 2: CUSCO – MARAS- MORAY – SALT MINES
Our second day is more physical. We will pick up to you at 8:30 am from your hotel and will go to Cruzpata above 3650 m.a.s.l. We will jump on our bikes and ride passing fields of potatoes, corn, and fava beans, local houses and small villages for approximately 3 hours. Later on we’ll arrive to Moray (circular Farmer terraces). Some people compare this place with a stadium or coliseum but the object of that huge Inca site was for farm activity. We will then cycle down a small canyon and arrive to Maras to continue on a technical downhill to the salt mines while looking at all the landscapes of the sacred valley. Our guide will teach us about this particular sector of the Cusco region. At the end the day we will return to Cusco.
DAY 3: CUSCO – MÁLAGA PASS – SANTA MARÍA
After breakfast in the early morning, our bus will pick up you up from your Hotel and will cross the sacred valley to Malaga pass (4000 m.a.s.l) arriving to the highest point where you will have a brief safety training before you start biking. We will feel the adrenaline rush while we zoom down 60 kilometers for 2 or 3 hours crossing streams and stopping at view points and overlooks along the way. We will then take our bus to Santa Maria to have lunch. The afternoon is the best moment. We will be jump into the river and take on the rapids for 1 ½ hours. At the end of this exciting day, we will return to our hostel to have dinner and a daily recap with our guide who will provide information for the next day.
DAY 4: SANTA TERESA – AGUAS CALIENTES
After breakfast, we will get our heartrate pumping by crossing the valleys via zipline using 5 different cables and one suspension bridge. After this we will go to the hydroelectric to have lunch and then have a nice walk through lovely subtropical vegetation. At the bottom of Machu Picchu mountain, we will have the first view of the city from below and finally will arrive to Aguas Calientes.
DAY 5: MACHUPICCHU – CUSCO
Will catch the bus early in the morning to have the opportunity to see the sunrise. After exploring the most important sectors of the city with your guide for 2 hours you will have time to explore this magical place alone. Consider this your own sacred city! At the end of the day we will catch the bus to return to Aguas Calientes and take the train for return to Cusco.
DAY 6: CUSCO OUT
Depending on your flight schedule and plans we will transport to you at the airport.Book Now
- 3 night hotel stay in Cusco.
- 1 night hostel in Santa Teresa
- 1 night hotel in Aguas Calientes
- Professional iTerra Peru staff assistance
- Professional downhill guide for Yuncaypata and Maras - Moray
- Professional biking guide for jungle trip
- 5 breakfasts; 3 lunches; 1boxed lunch; 2 Dinners
- 1 downhill on Yuncaypata
- 1 cross country to Maras Moray- Salt mines
- 1 downhill from Malaga pass
- 2 World Heritage Sites visited
- One of the Seven wonders of the world visited
- 1 hike from Hydroelectric to Machu Picchu by jungle trip
- Explore Moray
- Explore Salt Mines
- Explore Machu Picchu
- See the sunrise from the guardian house in Machu Picchu
- All inclusive on jungle trip
- 2 bus tickets from Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu and back
- Train to return to Cusco
- All the entrance tickets
- Tips for the guide on jungle trip
- Lunch in Aguas Calientes
- Extras (water, snacks, things not in the itinerary )
- Backpack waterproof layer
- Loose pants and better long
- Feather coat and waterproof jacket.
- Gloves and skullcap.
- Trekking shoes with thick orm.
- Micro fiber or wool socks.
- Walking sticks.
- Sunscream and glasses.
- Mosquito repellent.
- Original passport.
- Purifiying pills.
- Personal higiene items.
- Torch with replacement battery.
- Sleeping bag.
- Extra Money to tipping guides, cookers and porters.